While standard plumbing technology is simple and hasn’t changed much over the years, it’s still not something the average homeowner should attempt to work on, even for routine maintenance. Most plumbing system components work simply by using pressure and gravity, rather than any pumps or motors, but consider the simple fact that if one pipe or drain gets clocked, the entire system can be affected.
That’s why it is so important to schedule regular service with the Houston area plumbing maintenance experts at Arrow Plumbing. Our experienced plumbers will ensure every aspect of your plumbing system is clear and ready to provide clean water and remove waste at all times. Whether you’re simply due for annual service or you just don’t know when your home’s plumbing had received professional attention, call us today to learn more about our plumbing maintenance services.
Regular Plumbing Maintenance
There are two types of plumbing maintenance – the tasks you should regularly perform at home to keep your plumbing system running smoothly and the annual or semi–annual tasks performed by a licensed plumber to check for wear and tear, keep drains clear and make any necessary repairs.
- The maintenance you can perform on your own is relatively simple. On a regular basis, you should:
- Clear your drains with boiling hot water or a mixture of baking soda and vinegar.
- You should also make sure everyone in your household is aware of what items are and are not okay to flush. Even things like paper towels that might seem like flushable items can lead to clogged drains.
- Check your water heater on a regular basis to remove any dust or debris buildup from around the tank and always
- keep an eye on your water meter because any unusual spikes might indicate a leak somewhere in your home.
Professional Plumbing Maintenance
Professional plumbing maintenance is more thorough and should be performed by a licensed expert. These tasks are quite extensive and include:
- Video inspection of drain lines and sewer pipes to check for clogs or leaks
- Visual inspection of pipes for leaks or corrosion
- Flushing of the water line to remove any excess air
- Clearing of any sink and drain traps to avoid clogs in the future
Proper plumbing maintenance will be tailored to the particular needs of your home, but whatever is done, know that it is a necessary step to avoid future problems that cannot be fixed with a plunger.
Whether you’re in a new home and you don’t know the condition of the plumbing or you’re just looking for a new contractor to take over your annual maintenance, call Arrow Plumbingtoday. If you live in the Houston area and you need plumbing maintenance of any kind, call us today to schedule an appointment.